Find Your Professional Path With Thayer Corporation
We Are Always Looking For Talented People
At Thayer Corporation, we offer rewarding careers for those who share our commitment to delivering advanced, innovative, quality HVAC/R services. We seek skilled, committed professionals to help define and deliver excellence.
Thayer Corporation was founded in 1981. Today, the company has over 50 employees and services the States of Maine and New Hampshire through a fleet of GPS-Enabled service and installation vehicles. Every employee is important because we are only as good as our employees; they are our most valuable asset. Our employees’ success in their position is as important to us as it is to them.
Compensation and Benefits:
Thayer Corporation offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including company-paid training, paid holidays, paid earned time off, medical, dental, group term life insurance, voluntary term life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, a 401(k) plan, and a wellness program. Thayer Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summary of Position:
HVAC technicians will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of commercial refrigeration, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and related systems.
A minimum of five years’ experience on commercial refrigeration and HVAC systems is required. The ideal candidate should have at least a Journeyman Oil and Solid Fuel license, and a Propane & Natural Gas License. A Journeyman Plumbing license, and/or a Limited Electrical license, or better, would be desirable. Physical fitness to carry tools and equipment, climb ladders, work in confined spaces is required. Also desirable are communications skills person-to-person and in writing. The successful candidate must be professional in appearance and conduct in all respects, skilled at the use of modern tools, test equipment, computers, and smartphone applications and willing to be flexible with work tasks or assignments. Candidates must be able to work well alone without close supervision, and work well with others.
Are you ready for a change AND to see your designs become operational?
Then Thayer Corporation (Auburn, ME) is looking for you as a Project Sales Representative. This career opportunity offers a base pay $50,000 to $60,000, unlimited commission and a generous benefit package described below.
The Project Sales Representative:
- Provides modification/repair/replacement recommendations and documents these recommendations so the customer and the operations department understand what is required.
- The individual must be competent in their understanding of mechanical systems. Able to survey mechanical systems, identify problems and propose cost-effective solutions in a timely manner. Understands prospect’s needs and problems. Determines repair, modification and/or replacement requirements to provide prospects with solutions to problems. Interpret drawings, equipment, and job conditions.
- They must qualify prospects, makes effective sales presentations, answers questions and objections in a proficient and responsible manner. Aggressively manages quotes to close sales.
- Effectively represent the company’s interests to outside agents to maximize profits. Identifies prospects in assigned market. Promptly follow up on leads and referrals. Establish customer rapport and identify needs.
- Understands the customer’s cost to own, operate and maintain facilities. Able to translate that understanding into proposals and sales that will enhance customer’s facility while reducing long-term owning and operating costs.
- Maintains an active backlog of quotes to assure booking goal is consistently met.
Education and Experience:
Three to five years of field experience as a licensed HVAC technician and mechanical engineering and/or design work experience.
Send resume to email@example.com. No cover letter required.
Benefits begin 1st of the month following your hire date.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurances, Health Savings Account,
- Company provided Short Term and Long Disability Insurance and Company paid Basic Life & AD&D Insurance. Additional Optional Life Insurance and AD&D, Dependent Life Insurance and AD&D.
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Wellness Program, Earned Time Off (up to 20 days; pro-rated based on hire date).
- In addition to our benefits package, we offer extra incentives such as referral bonuses, and reward & recognition opportunities. License renewals paid by company, vehicle reimbursement plan, company cell phone, safety and tool accounts.
Thayer Corp. has been providing Maine with a complete range of heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing and refrigeration solutions for over thirty years. Thayer Corp operates from a modern 35,000 square foot corporation office and fabrication facility in Auburn, ME. The area is serviced with a fleet of over 40 service and installation vehicles.